Coronaviruses (کورونا وائرس) are a large group of viruses that are common among animals. In rare cases, they are what scientists call zoonotic, meaning they can be transmitted (منتقل) from animals to humans (جانوروں سے انسانوں میں).
The viruses can make people sick, usually with a mild (ہلکا) to moderate upper respiratory tract (سانس کی نالی) illness, similar to a common cold.
- Runny Nose (بہتی ہوئی ناک)
- Headache (سر درد)
- Cough (کھانسی)
- Sore throat (گلے کی سوزش)
- Fever (بخار)
- A feeling of being unwell (بیمار ہونے کا احساس)
For those with a weakened immune system (قوت مدافعت), the elderly and the very young, there’s a chance the virus could cause a lower, and much more serious, respiratory tracts (سانس کی نالی) illness like pneumonia (نمونیہ) or bronchitis.
There are currently no vaccines available to protect you against human coronavirus infection. Transmission is reduced thru: –
- Washing your hands often with soap and water;
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
If you are mildly sick, keep yourself hydrated, stay at home, and rest.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, you should see your healthcare provider.
How it Spreads:
Human coronaviruses most commonly spread from an infected person to others through:
- The air by coughing and sneezing;
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands;
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands;
- Rarely, fecal contamination.